July 30, 2012

Shikha Swaroop makes a comeback with 'Ramayan'

She shot to fame with her victory at the Miss India pageant in 1988 and made a distinct mark on viewers' minds as the lead of Chandrakanta and then vanished without a trace for the longest time.

Those who thought that this promising actress with oodles of grace and beauty shouldn't have just faded away into oblivion can rejoice as Shikha Swaroop makes a comeback in Zee TV's much talked-about mythological series 'Ramayan'.

Confirming the news, Swaroop said, `Yes, I've been signed on to play Kaikeyi in Zee TV's Ramayan. With this show, I'm told Zee is planning to bring back the whole Sunday morning TV viewing experience for the whole family and I think that's a great idea."

"I am excited about my role of Kaikeyee as essaying a warrior queen with shades of grey calls for an air of regality, poise that comes only with power, strength of character and a stern, steely body language."

"As a former beauty pageant winner and a model, I have, over the years, imbibed the art of composing my body language and carrying myself in a manner that projects the right image required for any role I play. I will enjoy playing such an iconic mythological character and hope to add my own charm and individuality to it,` she said.

About the casting of Kaikeyi, producer Meenakshi Sagar said, `I think Shikhaji will lend tremendous grace and dignity to Kaikeyi. She is a veteran actress whose previous work we have great regard for. Almost 25 years after being crowned Miss India, she is as stunning as ever even today. We look forward to a glorious association with her through this show.”

Ramayan premieres on August 12.





Copyright © 2012 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

1 comment:

  1. hmm.m trying to remember this face but...:( but gd a gd actress is coming back in the scean

    ReplyDelete