July 31, 2012

After winning 'KBC' jackpot, Sushil building house for family

Sushil Kumar created history by winning jackpot of Rs.5 crore in the fifth season of game show “Kaun Banega Crorepati”. And after receiving the prize money, he is on road to building a new house and providing a secure future to his family.

"Ever since I got the money, my first priority was to have my own house and have my family live under one roof. A three-storey house is getting constructed and it will be ready in the next few months," Sushil, who hails from Motihari, Bihar, told IANS.

He was presented a cheque of Rs.3.5 crore after tax deduction by 'KBC' host Amitabh Bachchan during the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year Awards in December last year.

He lives in a big family of five brothers, two sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews. It was purely his knowledge that made him the owner of a huge amount of Rs.5 crore.

A complete family man, Sushil gave the entire prize money to his kin.

"We have saved some money in fixed deposit schemes and have made other investments too, so that my family's future gets secured," he said.

Before becoming a 'crorepati', Sushil worked as a computer operator and was surviving on a meagre salary of Rs.6,000 a month.

With an amount of Rs.3.5 crore, one would think about tasting luxurious lifestyle, but the 28-year-old has no such desires.

"I never yearned for money. If you ask me what have I bought for myself, I would say nothing much. I never thought of buying a car. Sometimes we go out and shop for clothes and other basic necessities. Nothing more than that so far," he said.

"Even my wife doesn't spend unnecessarily. She is also in the favour of saving," he added.

But he seems to be smitten by glitz and glamour and is enjoying his tryst with fame on the dance reality show "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa".

Madhuri Dixit, one of the judges on the show, has nick-named him "antarmukhi" (an introvert).
Sushil is delighted to see people's changing perception towards him after his big win on 'KBC'.

"They have started respecting me. Those who used to ignore me, now listen to me, which is a great feeling. They have started respecting my knowledge too. Everybody is proud of me now," he said.



Copyright © 2012 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

No comments:

Post a Comment