December 04, 2010

Vedita Pratap's Interview!..

'It’s a myth that models-can't-act'- Vedita Pratap Singh
MTV mega Model hunt winner Vedita Pratap Singh is a brilliant gorgeous lady, she is well known face in the advertising world and has done several advertisements such as Bajaj Allianz, Parachute Hair Oil, Tata Indicom, MTNL Jadoo and Usha Striker to name a few. She is a State Level Cricketer, National Level Swimmer, dancer, model and an actress too.


I caught with Vedita to know more about her journey, her character and look in the her upcoming movie Bhindi Bazaar. Excerpts from the interview:

How did the journey in the industry begin?
My journey begin in 2004 when I won Gladrags. Then I was associated with Kader Khan ji play ‘Tassh Ke Pattee’ for almost a year. I have done music videos too, Hunters was the first album.

You belong to the royal family.
I am related to Dillipur Estate next to Pratapgarh district (205 kilometers from Lucknow).
Were you always interested in acting?
I never thought my life would turn out this way and I will be a part of Showbiz Industry. When I was in St.Xaveir college I used to participate in extracurricular activities, I did ramp wake their which made me more confident.

With due respect to models, do you agree with the statement, ‘models can’t act’?
According to me it's just about the mind-set of people which they refuse to change, It’s a myth that models-can't-act, I would call it unfair. I am a excellent actor and I'm very serious about acting.

And how do you manage acting with modeling?
I do commercial shoots and TVC’s, they hardly take a day or two for shoot. So there’s noting to manage.

What is the USP of the Bhindi Bazaar?
Whole concept…It’s a realistic and gripping account of politics set in the backdrop of the underbelly of Mumbai pick-pocketeers in the infamous and densely populated area of Mumbai's Bhindi Baazaar. Bhindi Bazaar has lot of commercial value.

How did you bag Bhindi Bazaar?
It was sacred luck, that role was to be done by another girl in fact they shot with her for 6-7 days. After that the film stopped because of certain reasons. In the next schedule Ankush Bhatt(director of BB) was not happy with the outcome, he wanted good performance. A friend of mine, who is working as CFO in the Picture Thoughts called me and asked me to come for an audition. I went there for audition when they selected another girl. My luck worked and director was happy with my audition, I bagged the role.

I happy to share screen space with talented actors like Deepti Naval, Shilpa Shukla etc. They are fabulous and I learned a lot from them.

What is your character in the movie?
I am playing role of Shabana, she is most manipulative ambitious girl and she anyhow want the man MAMU to be in love with her. My character has negative shades.

What kind of roles you are looking forward to?
I am not a picky person, I'll take whatever comes my way, as long as they are good roles and I get to perform. I want to do intense roles, where my performance is appreciated. I am ready to dance around the tree, love to do glamorous roles. I would like to play negative role like Priyanka did in Aitraaz.

For more details about Vedita check out http://www.veditasingh.com/ and http://www.veditapratapsingh.com/ 

-K Himaanshu Shukla..

5 comments:

  1. all the best for bhindi bazaar........

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work himaanshu...she has looks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks pretty, dude again a nice interview. If possible ask some diffrent questions :)

    ReplyDelete